Monday, September 17, 2012

oh geez.

Matt and I are watching the premiere of that new NBC drama Revolution. It gets you thinking about if/how you'd survive in a militia, rogue culture without any technology or energy resources.

Meta: "I always thought I'd be a gift to PTA volunteering opportunities, but I stared at the parent helper option list for a long time before finally checking Decorate Classrooms: Valentine's Day Party. Can you believe it?!?! I hate Valentine's Day. What's wrong with me?"

Matt: (Generous chuckle.)

Meta: "Everyone who survives on this show has a skill...something tangible they can share with community. I don't think I'd last very long."

Matt: (Smirk. Long pause.)

Meta: "Oh, shut up. That's why I married you. If the power goes out, you'll be my trump card."

Matt: "I really am trying to think of something! You have skills...I'll think of something. You were really good at being pregnant..."

Meta: "Gross, Matthew. I think I'd really shine as the parent volunteer coordinator at daycare. But, judging by the volunteer opportunities sheet I already received, I'd say that position is filled. And whoever she is, bravo. (Muttering.) Valentine's Day, oh geez. I think I chose it because it falls in between the chaos of Christmas and Easter on the liturgical calendar..."

Then my husband shot me a look that had two reads:

  1. Wow. Pretty sure the liturgical calendar reference does not help your case for survival skills.
  2. I love and claim you anyway.
Just another classy evening with the Carlsons.

1 comment:

val said...

I understand completely, lol. love, Val